Friday, May 25, 2012

A Summer Sweater

My swing cardigan, Alexandra, is moving right along.  I've got one half of the front done and working on the other half:


                                                                               

This Azapa yarn is nice to work with - very soft and the colors are great.  Unfortunately, my photography isn't doing this justice.  Starting to plan for a summer sweater project and I have narrowed the possibilities down to the following:


                                                                                   

This is a Jenny Watson design called Elizabeth and the yarn is Araucania Nature Wool but I would probably use a cotton blend for this.


This is Hannah Fettig's Wispy Cardi and I think this is so cute and a quick knit as well.  It was knit with Quince and Co.'s Lark:


                                                                               

I found this pattern on Quince and Co.'s pattern page and I think this is the one I am going to make.  It's called Olga and unfortunately, the sample is in white so it doesn't show up very well here:


                                                                                 

It's done in Quince and Co's Chickadee but I found some yarn in my stash that I think will work well with this.  It's Reynolds  Coco that I bought at Webs a long time ago and just never found the right project for it.


                                                                                     
 
    Here's a better picture of Olga.  This was done by korallik and she was kind enough to allow me to use a picture of her version:


                                                                               

    
    Happy Fiber Arts Friday and have a great Memorial Day Weekend!  

                                                               


                                                                                   
                                                                                         
                                                                           

4 comments:

  1. oooh, those are all very beautiful. I really need to lose some weight so I can start making myself some of these sassy handknit sweaters and cardis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olga looks very cute, interesting shaping and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Jenny Watson design. Love the blue color oy your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful projects! I cannot wait to see which one you pick, I don't think that there is a bad decision here.

    ReplyDelete