Well, I know this happens to all of us. I'm finishing up my Montague Vest which was a pretty easy project and I'm feeling pretty good about all this when I went and tried it on and stood in front of the mirror and realized this just does not look good on me! I took it off and tried it on again the next morning to see if things had improved (perhaps my body shape had changed overnight?) and came to the realization that this is just not going to work for me. For starters, it's a little too big, even though I did knit a swatch and got gauge ( I thought) but the yarn used in the project was Tahki Montana and the unlabeled Tess' Yarn from my stash looks alot more chunky than the intended effect.
I'm going to let it sit in my project bag for awhile until I decide what to do next. I like the yarn and actually envisioned knitting a jacket with it while I was working away on this vest; perhaps this yarn is better suited for something like that.
Anyway, on to my current work in progress: the Freeport Vest:
This is really an easy project that is knit in the round using Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Phony Seam" which I have done for the first time. You can see how to do it here on Elizabeth Smith's web site. It's pretty easy to do and I think will produce a nicer fitting vest.
I'm using the yarn that she used for this project, Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride Bulky:
Yes, another project with bulky yarn, hopefully, with a better outcome! Head over to Tami's blog to see what some really talented knitters are up to.