Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More About Maine


                                                                                       



In the midst of this sweltering heat, I am finishing up my chunky wool Montague Vest and I keep thinking about my trip to Maine and those cool breezes along the ocean where I walked every day:












                                                                             



                                                                                   






I'm also starting to read this book called Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan about a family with three generations summering at their house in Cape Neddick:


                                                                               


And every morning I walk into my kitchen and see this:


                                                                     



All of this has gotten me in the mood to ditch this heavy woolen knitting once I finish this vest and do another easy summer project like this cotton Sanibel Cowl which is a free project on Ravelry:






Is anyone else a big fan of  Gale Zucker's blog, she shoots sheep shots?   Go check out her latest post on a road trip to Maine; what a great time she had!  Gale is a professional photographer as well as a fellow knitter and her photos are wonderful of sheep and wool in Down East Maine as well as some great yard sale finds.  Here's a picture of their camping spot:

                                                                                     



Have a great Fourth everyone and stay cool! To see what other folks are working on, check out Work in Progress Wednesday.











                                                                     

                                                                               











3 comments:

  1. oo I love how your vest is knitting up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked that photo and thanks for the shout out to my blog. I'm going to post more Maine photos soon, too- I was on some blueberry barrens that were stunning.
    (I also love that vest-though I can see that it might be a little hot to knit on right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now you are making me wish I was back in Maine again!! You were in Portland I take it? If not mistaken, that is the light house I see up there. I wanted to get to that one, but we were much too far north to drive down. More pictures please!

    ReplyDelete