Friday, February 11, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

A new year comes along and we all start looking at that looming pile of yarn known as The Stash and all the other knitting paraphernalia we have collected along the way. Stitches in Santa Clara is closing in fast and there will be more to add to this "collection".   How can we clean this up, even a little?   Let's not, dear friends, at least for now. Actually, this post is not about my Stash, but about other knitting  collections I have managed to accumulate - like my Faves and Queue on Ravelry. It's so easy to click that " Fave"  button and before you know it, you have a list of projects a mile long that will never even see a gauge swatch.   The plus side to this is, unlike your Stash, it is so easy to get rid of many of these with just a click of your delete key.  I have to admit, I haven't looked at this whole group in quite a while.  I managed to eliminate several "What Was I  Thinking Projects?", but I also found some neat things that I will  hold on to.  Such as:


                                                                                        
The Rosie Posy Tea Cozy by Loani Prior.  This is just too cute!  It makes you want to run out and buy a teapot and take up drinking tea.  I actually have taken up tea drinking and I really would like to make this,
 and think it would be a great gift as well.

                                                                                
The Ruffled and Ruched Scarf by Pam Powers is another keeper.  This is made with Malabrigo yarn and I think the colors are wonderful.

The Love Bytes mittens by Grace Schnebly are  on my list for my grandson.  So cute!!  These were actually done by a Ravelry member named woolings:


   
This is the Long Lace Shawl-Collared Vest by Sweaterbabe.  I think this would look great with leggings.

                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                         The Lizard Ridge Afghan by Laura Aylor.  This is from Knitty Fall 2006.                                                 
Last, but not least, The Foolish Virgins  by Kaffe Fassett. This version was done by woolnutzi on Ravelry.  I have been wanting to do this for years.  Maybe this is the year...

                                                                                 

                                                                                                                                                                   

1 comment: