Monday, February 7, 2011

A Favorite Blog

Reading Kristen Nicholas' blog, Getting Stitched on the Farm, is one of my favorite things to do early in the morning over a cup of coffee.She just keeps turning out one great post after another.  Not only is she a very creative knitwear designer with a great sense of color, but she has developed into quite a good photographer.  I asked her if I could show a few of her pictures on my blog and she was nice enough to say yes. I love these winter scenes:


                                                                                                                                                                     


Pretty cold there - this sheep has icicles hanging off his/her ears!




                                                                                                                                                                             


  I love the pictures of her sheep farm in Western Massachusetts and I 'm tempted to sign up for classes at her farm next summer just to have a chance to hang out and soak up all that atmosphere (without all the work of course!)  There are some wonderful pictures of her house in Color by Kristin -  what a charming place.   Oh, those wide planked floors! Those handpainted walls! Those great flea market finds and colorful, exotic fabrics she has artfully placed around her rooms!  Not to mention all the knitting.  Enough with the exclamations - it looks like a pretty neat place and I'm sure there are many like me who imagine living that kind of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment