Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An FO and a Sweater for Fo

Well, the change to cold weather and snow has gotten serious around here:

                                                                                   
The ski resorts are delighted; they always plan to be open for Thanksgiving, even if they have just a few runs functioning.  All of this has motivated me to finish a sweater  for myself that I started last June.  It's called Foliage and I actually made it with the yarn called for --  Snowbird by Nashua Handknits which is a wool alpaca blend.  Great for these days when I am out and about and in denial that it is actually cold and I really could use a jacket.

    And who is Fo?  That's a nickname for my grandson Forest  who has an older brother named Rowan.
My daughter has gotten to calling them Ro and Fo and I have been waiting for Fall to arrive to make him a sweater.
     This pattern is a free one from Diane Soucy of Knittng Pure and Simple fame.  I used 2 skeins of Plymouth Encore worsted weight which is acrylic with 25% wool.  It's called, appropriately, Easy Baby Cardigan and it really is a great sweater to do when you are trying to finish a sweater before baby has grown out of it.                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment