Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Over - The - Top Shawl

Back in November, Kristin Nicholas and WEBS were running a contest to promote Kristin's new book, Color by Kristin.  I was lucky enough to win, and was thrilled to think I had won an autographed copy of her book.  When I called Kathy at WEBS she told me I also won the yarn and materials to do a project of my choice from the book - wow!  I'm a big fan of Kristin Nicholas' designs and her use of color.  Over the years, I have done a number of her Classic Elite cabled sweaters and they are classics that stand the test of time.  I decided to do the Over-the-Top Shawl because I can see myself using this on chilly nights when I go out to dinner or to an outdoor concert here in the Lake Tahoe area where it can be rather cool on a summer night.  WEBS was very generous and sent a basket full of goodies.




 I finished my Christmas knitting and started on this project the end of January and with the exception of a few short detours, I have been working on this steadily.  Here are some pictures of my progress.  This is knit in the round with a simple steek that eliminates the need for machine stitching and uses the ends for fringe.  Very neat idea!  Will show how this is done in my next post on this project.


                                                                             


                                                                                 
Hope to have this done in the next few weeks.  Will post some pictures when I'm done!
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment