Friday, February 15, 2013

Jon's Sweater

No,  my husband's name isn't Jon; this is the name of the pattern I'm working on for him.  Here is an update on my progress as I work on the front:


                                                                 

This is Filatura Di Crosa's Adhoc yarn, a wool alpaca blend.  Not too interesting to look at right now and I call this "Social Knitting"  meaning I can knit and chat with my friends at our knitting group without having to tear out mistakes when I get home.                                                                          

                                                                             

Here are a few things that are more interesting to look at:




This is the Navona  sweater  by Linda Wilgus and I am so looking forward to making this.  My friend Jessica was wearing her version of this at our knitting retreat when I took a picture of her and I really liked the colors:

                                                                           

    Linda's project  is knit in Malabrigo Sock yarn and I can imagine all kinds of great color combinations done in beautiful hand-dyed  yarns.


Stitches will be here in Santa Clara next week and I am going to do my best to keep my yarn purchases in check - hah!  I'll be stopping by the Drops booth to purchase some Nepal for this cowl I am planning to make:





This is the Dripstones Cowl by Justyna Lorkowska and she was kind enough to allow me to use her pictures here. Isn't this a lovely pattern?  This pattern is written for three different sizes  from close fitting cowl to a large shawl style to go over your coat.   Looking forward to trying this.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday and  have a great weekend!                                                                                                                                                                                                                

12 comments:

  1. Your sweater is BEAUTIFUL..you do very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Stitches, I forgot to blog about it today. See you in the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your planned knitting. And love the color of the sweater. Drops comes to SW???? Oh I am sooo jealous now! I must make it out there one year to just be near their booth. At least WEBS comes to Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yarn for your hubby's sweater, beautifully tweedy. Wish we had Stitches down under...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...that a really cool pattern in the green cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Dripstones Cowl pattern last month and expect to knit it soon (maybe even use up some current stash...).

    I have added the Navona cardigan to my queue. Not only is it a great looking cardigan, but Navona is still my favorite piazza in Rome (even though the authorities outlawed the street performers a few years ago).

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a yarn shop from Dallas, Tx that will be at Stitches (Desert Designs Knitz). She has a lot of Prism. I was in her shop last week and she had the cutest shop dogs! Have fun!

    love that cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweater is coming along nicely! If you'll be looking for the NordicMart booth at SW, they actually won't be there. The shop is moving, and of course the move is happening the last two weeks in February. :( Drops could be carried by some other vendor, however - I'm not certain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of that cowl. The leafy pattern looks great, but the photo is also really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the Jon Sweater is working up and the middle cardi will be super. I really like that cowl too. Geez, now I want to queue a few more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that cardigan quite a lot and your Hubby's sweater is looking great. But, I think I'm bonkers over that cowl pattern... just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour for your DH's sweater! I wish my OH would let me knit him things like that. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete