Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shear Spirit

I'm a fan of photographer/knitter Gail Zucker and I like to drop in and visit with her on her blog,
she shoots sheep shots.  She always has something interesting to say that is fiber related, with lots of great colorful photos and I like her knitting style.  Check out her granny square afghan that she is currently working on.  I recently got a copy of her book Shear Spirit  which she published with Joan Tapper and it is has become my favorite book on my nightstand:

                                                                        

Although I am not one of those who has fantasized about giving it all up and moving to a sheep ranch to spin, weave and knit, the stories of ten fiber farmers who did just that are fascinating and quite detailed.  Joan was responsible for the text and Gail did the photography and was kind enough to give me permission to show some of her pictures on my blog:

  


            

 

                                                                                      
     
The ten fiber farmers represented are from all over the country from Maine to New Mexico, Oregon and Texas.

  


A nice book to own and I think it would be a great gift for a fellow knitter or spinner.

On another note, Spring has come to my corner of the Sierras:

                                                                                  


                                                                                    
  
Enjoy the long weekend!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment