Thursday, December 9, 2010

Out of This World Solar System Sweater

Here's a picture of the finished Solar System sweater for my grandson Rowan:

      
I sent it off to him and he has already worn it twice - so pleased that he really likes it!  Along the way, I learned alot about our solar system as I researched this project; it was really fun to do.  I used Berrocco's Vintage yarn which I got at Lake Tahoe Yarn Company and this is Jen Small's pattern which I found on Ravelry. To learn all the details, check out my Ravelry site here.

Working on some socks for my daughter:


                                                                          
This is an old sock pattern by Pamela Rush called Embossed Bootee from 3 Trails Handknit Designs. The yarn is from Gail Callahan, the Handknit Dyer at WEBS.  Her yarns are beautiful and she has put out a book on yarn dying called Hand Dyeing Yarns and Fleece that is most informative.

                                                                                

   Unfortunately, these pictures never seem to quite capture the beautiful coloring of  most yarns, but, trust me, this one is a beauty.                                                                           



                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for allowing PLUTO to maintain its "Planet" status! Wonderful Sweater!

    ReplyDelete