Monday, May 6, 2013

Traveling Along with My Irish Coffee

I have been traveling along the East Coast and so there hasn't been time for much knitting. The weather has been great and so I am out and about doing the tourist thing and visiting with friends and family.  Started out in New York City where I visited with Fae, a friend who does a lot of knitting and beadwork.  She just bought an incredible co-op in the West Village; look at this view from her rooftop:

                                                                             
                                                                           


    That's the new World Trade Center building and on the other side she has a view of the Empire State building  -  not too shabby!


                                                                               



Here are a few pictures of her beading projects:


                                                                              




Stopped by Knitty City on West  79th Street:


                                                                             


and saw this cute summer sweater called Isis from the Rowan All Seasons Chunky Collection:


                       

Here's my slow progress on my Irish Coffee:

                                                                         


On to the next part of my trip; I'm stopping in at WEBS just in time for their May sale!

                                                                

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to NYC. How wonderful that you can visit a friend that lives there and enjoy that view! BTW, your friend is a very talented beader. Lovely work. Have fun with the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you have a great network of friends and family. So glad you are having great weather. Love the sweater
    Color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my apartment! It was great seeing you and having coffee.

    ReplyDelete