Thursday, September 27, 2012

That Rockefeller Shawl

The Rockefeller Shawl was a Stephen West Mystery KAL and when I saw the first few stages of this project, I wasn't too excited.  Since then the KAL has finished and  I'm really impressed with the shawls I've seen.  This is Stephen West's version:


                                                                             


Here is one done by Mary, a member of a knitting group in the East Bay called the Alamo Yarnies:



 
Mary did this in cashmere and it is really lovely; she is almost done and now that we are heading towards Fall I look forward to seeing her wear it.  For anyone based in the East Bay and looking for a group to join, I highly recommend Alamo Yarnies; they are a fun bunch of ladies who are always knitting something trendy and interesting and are always up for a road trip to see The Yarn Harlot, Stephen West, Clara Parkes, Ysolda Teague  and anyone else who comes through A Verb for Keeping Warm in Oakland.   (How does Verb always seem to snag the hottest knitwear designers?)

Here is one done by Vasilis and I love her color choices:


                                                                           


Here's one done by purpleducks:


                                                                                 
   
    Here's what I have been up to.   Finished this denim tweed sweater for my grandson so he will have a warm sweater to wear when he walks to school:


                                                                             


  Still working away on my Modular Afghan - more pictures next week!  Happy Fiber Arts Friday.


                                                                                                                                                                                                      

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice comment about my Rockefeller. The pattern is fun to knit and I hope easy to wear. I couldn't just leave that cashmere languishing in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, I just picked out my yarn for my Rockefeller. I'll be posting the photos tomorrow on my blog. Let me know what you think. I am so excited to cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Rockefeller color combinations. Your grandson's sweater looks warm and cozy. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that finished sweater for your grandson! I'm certain he will indeed stay warm when he walks to school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is very nice. Those Rockefeller's are breath taking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. along with the other kinds of yarns. In addition to spinning the yarn, even the washing and dyeing of the yarn melerat ullgarn

    ReplyDelete