Friday, September 21, 2012

Knitting in Oregon

A few more pictures of my trip to Oregon with some knitting info as well.  Portland was having unusually warm weather when I was there and so we decided to head for the coast.  Somewhere out there is the Pacific Ocean:



                                                                                                                                                     

Stopped in Cannon Beach, which is a charming coastal town that reminded me of the old TV show Murder She Wrote;  expected to see Angela Lansbury coming down the street at any moment.  No Angela, but we did discover a really nice yarn shop, Coastal Yarns:

                     

   
I was expecting a tiny little place but this is quite a nice welcoming shop, with a lots of interesting inventory from yarns to books and knitting bags and a big table to sit and knit with the locals.

Back in Portland we stopped by Knit Purl, which is a beautiful shop filled with Madelinetosh yarn and offering lots of interesting classes:

                                                                             

     Taking pictures of the local artwork in the Pearl District:

   

This weekend is the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival.   My friend will be going with her knitting group and I can't wait to hear about it and see her pictures.

Here's my progress on my Modular Afghan:



Have a good weekend and Happy Fiber Arts Friday !
                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 comments:

  1. The picture of you taking pictures is funny. I just noticed last week you blogged about visiting Twisted the yarn shop, and this week I blogged about my twisted shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the start to your afghan, it is going to be gorgeous! So many wonderful LYS, too bad there are too many to visit them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knit Purl is my favorite shop in Portland - it's jam packed with yarny goodness! And of course you went to Cannon Beach; isn't it just the best? Your friend should have fun at Oregon Flock and Fiber. I was one of their volunteer photographers a few years ago, and it's definitely a fun and well-rounded fiber event.

    Your modular project is turning out just great - that Mr. Noro is a color genius, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, those photos are beautiful. I want to visit there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun seeing what other coastal yarn stores have to offer - even if I am from the East Coast! Lovely projects as usual.

    ReplyDelete