Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stitches West, Part II

Here are a few more pictures from my day at Stitches West.  It's amazing how many booths I stopped at and ended up buying very little, but there was plenty to tempt me.  Here's the Timeless Totes booth where I bought my knitting bag last year.  Check out their web site to see more of their nice craft bags.


                                                                       

They have some really beautifully designed bags in gorgeous colors and they hold up so well.  Here is the one I bought last year and it has been on numerous trips and still looks great:



Here's the inside.   It comes with plastic zippered pockets that can be snapped in or taken out as needed:



Was zipping by Yarn Barn at the end of the day and stopped short when I saw this scarf:


   

Can't remember the name of the pattern or the yarn, bit it was so pretty!




Ran into Jasmine of The Knitmore Girls podcast and she was introducing her brand new baby girl to her first Stitches. Hello Genevieve!

Several years ago I made the Cabled Capelet for my daughter from Cascade Soft Spun in a beautiful shade of purple and my sister and I always said we would make one for ourselves.  Never did get around to it, and by the time I went back to the shop last fall to get the yarn it was sold out.   Oh well.  Fast forward to Stitches and as I am taking a short cut through the WEBS booth what do I see out of the corner of my
eye, you guessed it, the very same yarn and marked down to half price!  I bought a bag and ten skeins is just enough for one for my sister and I for our KAL.  Here's my Ravelry picture of the shawl:

                                     
                                                                                 

Also bought a few things at the DROPS booth.  This is their Verdi yarn which is mohair, wool and acrylic and is very light and soft.  So cuddly!


                                                                                     


Also bought some sock yarn there but can't seem to find it just now; thought I would use it for a shawlette at some later date.  And that, ladies, is all I bought.  What self restraint on my part - or it could be I was thinking of my large stash with lots of yarn from Stitches Past?  Anyway, it was lots of fun as always!

                                                                                   
                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment