Saturday, March 27, 2010

Buried Treasure



Sorting through my yarn and deciding on what needs to go is tough going. For the most part, I really like most of my yarn choices, even the ones that are looking a little dated, and I have a feeling most knitters feel the same. Along the way,  I've found a few gems that I had completely forgotten about. This Alice Starmore Aran and Shetland wool is some of what I came across: 11 skeins of Bainin in Burnt Umber and 12 skeins of Bainin in Clover that I had planned to use for Starmore's Grapevine and has been languishing in my queue for some time. The Scottish Heather in Anthrocite was bought for some small project, judging from the
three skeins I have, but I can't remember the project - thanks to Ravelry and my queue I am getting much more organized about these things.

What was I thinking when I bought all that mohair? Did I really think I would find time to knit all these socks? And yet, I love most of my sock yarn and there is the thought that with such
quick projects, I may actually work my way through most of it.
I've pulled out two handpainted hanks that I would like to start on right now: the Briar Rose sock yarn that I bought at Rhinebeck last Fall for a project for my husband and Pigeonroof Studios merino/cashmere/nylon blend in Forest that I got at Simply Socks  for myself.






So much yarn and never enough time, but what a pleasant dilemma!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment